Recognition for Pre-Existing Organizations
Organizations that are pre-existing need to register with the University through the Office of Student Life for the 2012-2013 year by going through an annual process known as “Recognition”.
You will receive information about this process at the summer GSA meeting on August 9th, 12pm.
You will be able to log on to this meeting virtually by going here and entering as a guest: http://drexelmeeting.adobeconnect.com/centercity/
Though this meeting is mandatory for presidents and treasurers, we encourage all executive members to attend. After the GSA meeting, a review of the steps for recognition will be available for download here.
GSA Re-registration Collegiate Link
Recognition for New Graduate Organizations
Recognition Check List
Here is a checklist of items you need to have ready in a format such as a Word or PDF document before you complete the application process in Collegiate Link.
- Official name of the organization
- Summary of your organization description
- Mission statement
- Goals and vision for the upcoming year
- Picture or logo for your organization (jpeg)
- Your name and contact information
- Facebook or Twitter links for your organization
- Names, student ID numbers and contact information for all officers and executive board members (president, vice-president and treasurer are the minimum required) for the organization
- Current roster with emails for members of your organization
- Name and contact information for the organization’s faculty or staff advisor
- Organization constitution and or by-laws (pdf or .doc)
If this organization has a national affiliation, you will need to have the address, phone, email, website link and the national by-laws or constitution in electronic format
This is the system Student Life uses to manage all the organizations. You will need to log on to Drexel One always and then click on the link from the Drexel One Page. Instructions are below.
- CollegiateLink can be accessed through your campus DrexelOne account.
- Log into DrexelOne using your Drexel user-ID and password (http://one.drexel.edu)
- Click on the “Drexel” tab on the header bar and then click “CollegiateLink”, located in the left-hand channel labeled “Campus Involvement”
- You will be redirected into the Drexel CollegiateLink website.
- Click the “Organizations” tab and Search for your organization name
Student Organization Orientation Training, aka “SOOT”
The goals of SOOT are to educate you on important policies and procedures related to leading a Drexel University student organization. Additionally, the information will help you be successful in planning events and managing finances.