Drexel Graduate Students Association is accepting photo submissions for the first annual Graduate Student Life photo contest. The contest is open to all Drexel graduate students and will include prizes for 1st place (overall votes), Best Graduate Experience, Best Nature & Travel, and Best Altered Images. Each graduate student can take and submit multiple photos as part of the contest, but are only eligible to win one of the prizes listed above. Submissions should capture the life of graduate students at Drexel.
For full details please look at the Application Form at http://www.drexelgsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Graduate-Student-Life-Photo-Contest1.docx
To be considered for one of the prizes, submissions must include:
1) Photo(s) submitted for consideration on Facebook or emailed to email@example.com. The Graduate Student Life Photo Contest Application and Photo Subject Release Form (if applicable) also need to be emailed to GSA for being considered for the competition.
2) A brief description of the photo(s) itself listing the names of any individuals, places, etc. included in the photo(s)
3) The Graduate Student Life Photo Contest Application, which can be found at http://www.drexelgsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Application-Form1.docx
4) The Photo Subject Release Form, which can be found at http://www.drexelgsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Subject-Release-Form1.docx
5) PLEASE NOTE: Photo(s) submitted for the Graduate Student Life photo contest must include a completed photo release form for EVERY INDIVIDUAL in a given photo. Photos that do not meet this requirement will not be considered for any of the four awards. Individuals that are in the background and not in focus of the pictures (e.g. pictures taken in crowds, fellow visitors at a museum or event) do not need a photo release form.
Submitted photos will be posted on the Graduate Student Association Facebook page and may be used by the Graduate Student Association and Office of Graduate Studies in their print publications, websites, or for other Drexel-related purposes.
Photo submissions, and other required documentation, are due by February 1st. All photos submitted must have been taken by the individual graduate student submitting them, must be in color, and be at least 5×7.
Photo contest winners will be chosen the most number of likes on Facebook and through ballots during GSA Social on February 14th, 2013 at the Graduate Lounge.
Winners will be announced on February 15th.