CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: Research Excellence Awards
The Office of Graduate Studies through its Graduate Student Excellence Committee selects graduate students (full-time master’s and doctoral), who have exhibited outstanding research/scholarship/creativity in the past year, for certificates of recognition and monetary awards. Winners are notified ahead of time and receive their awards at Graduate Student Day, Friday, May 30, 2014 5-7pm Great Court, Main Building.
The dossier for each nomination must include the following information:
- Graduate student’s name and the department/program in which the student is enrolled
- Graduate student’s CV highlighting papers published, presentations made and conferences attended since April of the previous year, if any – the details of the papers/posters should conform to the format outlined in the Graduate Student Handbook on page 44
- A 2-page statement by the student explaining the significance of their research
- A letter from a referee/faculty advisor stating the reasons for nominating this particular student
- An endorsement note from the department/program’s graduate advisor or director/head
Nominations for Research Excellence Awards should be submitted by faculty/staff to the Associate Vice Provost for Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF file or by hand to the Office of Graduate Studies (Randell 240) by 5pm Friday, May 9, 2014.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: Commencement Awards
The Office of Graduate Studies runs a number of award competitions to recognize the achievements of graduate students. Nomination materials in a single PDF file should be e-mailed by faculty/staff to email@example.com by 5pm Friday, May 16, 2014.
This award will be presented to master’s degree student at Drexel who demonstrated the highest standards of scholarship, leadership ability and strong commitment to civic responsibility among their peers. This award is designed for those who are receiving their master’s degrees and leaving Drexel. Students who are PhD and doctoral students collecting a master’s along the way are not eligible. A prize of $500 and a certificate of recognition will be awarded by the Office of Graduate Studies.
Three awards are presented to doctoral students graduating at each Commencement who have written outstanding dissertations that reflect great research. The awards comes with a cash prize of $1000 and a certificate of recognition.
Three awards are presented to doctoral students graduating at every Commencement who are deemed to exhibit great promise in enhancing Drexel’s reputation in the future. The awards come with a cash prize of $1000 and a certificate of recognition. Three awards are presented to doctoral students graduating at every Commencement who are deemed to exhibit great promise in enhancing Drexel’s reputation in the future. The awards come with a cash prize of $1000 and a certificate of recognition.
Please talk with your faculty or department about your qualifications for one of these awards! Good luck!